Author Topic: Intro to Chapman Archery Tech School  (Read 7059 times)

Doinker Dude

• Doink On!!!
  • Administrator
  • Doink On!!!
    • View Profile
Intro to Chapman Archery Tech School
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:27 PM »
 This will be a work in progress section by our good friend and a great ambassador to archery Steve Vanzile. Steve is carrying on a legacy that was started by the late great George Chapman, a man that not only knew everything about archery but was one of my roll models growing up and really ignited my love for this sport of archery and if it were not for him influencing me when I was a young boy.... I would not be where I am today. Steve will be posting more about his program as the time goes on so please have patience. If you don't know Steve Vanzile....... get to know him as Steve is just that same class of man as George Chapman once was and has a wealth of knowledge in archery!

Erick J. Hall
Vice President
Leven Ind.Inc.
  "Doinker"
Erick J. Hall
Vice President
Leven Industries Inc.
DOINKER

archery crazy

• View Profile
Re: Intro to Chapman Archery Tech School
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »
Sounds great. Dang I wish I lived closer.

Doinker Dude

• Doink On!!!
  • Administrator
  • Doink On!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »
 These Tech schools are held at multiple locations around the country. It is not our school but a School that was started by the late George Chapman and now is being run by George's great friend and partner for the last bunch of years Steve Vanzile. Steve has decided to continue doing these schools to help archery shop owners stay up to date with product and tuning methods. We beleive in this program very much as it will help not only Doinker accounts better understand how to fully set up bows but also at the same time better understand stabilizers functions and how to set up an archer for their needs the right way. This is the reason we are sponsoring the program.
 I do not have all the details yet but Steve will be posting all the information on the program here shortley.
Erick J. Hall
Vice President
Leven Industries Inc.
DOINKER

zippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Erick.
  I first met George in the early seventies when I joined what was then known as the PSE Advisory Staff. It didn't take long before George and I became close friends. George developed the original PSE Dealer and Shooter Schools. I spent every chance I could traveling and doing the schools with George and his lovely wife Patti. Spending time with George was always a learning experience. Talk about fun we would laugh until the tears ran down our cheeks. George had a great sense of humor and was always cracking jokes. He and Patti had spent many years shooting archery at the professional level. They both had won numerous State and National Titles. George retired from PSE in 2005 after 35 years. In January of 2006 he and I re-wrote the Tech Manual and continued doing the two day Dealer Tech Certification Schools while traveling around the country for archery dealers and distributors. The program is basicly the same that we used to do at the PSE factory in Tucson Az. The program provides the knowledge and skills needed to perform all the tasks required to run or work in a Archery Pro Shop. A Technical Certification Certificate is presented to individuals after they successfully complete a hands on test and a written test. These certificates have opened the doors to many people who were looking to work in or start their own archery shops.

Sadly in 2009 Patti passed away. On June 11, 2010 George left us to be with Patti. It was difficult for me to just write that. Their phone numbers are still in my cellphone list. George was one of my best friends and a mentor in all aspects of my life. I am a better person because of George and Patti.
 George certified two instructors to teach his schools besides himself they are Monty Maliongas and myself, Steve VanZile. Thousands of dealers and shooters around the nation and the world have attended and benefitted from the George Chapman Dealer Technical Schools. George and Patti wanted to start and keep people in the wonderful sport of archery. They wanted to help dealers become successfull and shooters to enjoy archery to the max. George would not want what he started to end. With the approval of George and Patti's family and in honor of George, Monti and I will continue to teach the George Chapman Technical Schools.
Monti and I can not replace George but we will do our best to make him proud.

Currently we are still using our old website at "www.chapmanarchery.com". The website gives complete explainations of the available schools.
Please use this section of the Doinker Forum for any questions about the schools or technical questions on bow tuning, arrows etc. I will do my best to answer these for you. I love learning new things about tuning, building arrows etc. I know you guys have some great information so let's share, have some fun and talk archery.
Thanks for listening,
Steve

We don't know what we don't know  :-))))

Inailwhitetail2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:58 PM »
It's great to hear from you Steve ! Thanks for stepping up and carrying this program on. I look forward to working with you and hearing more from you in the future. I'm sure we will all "stay tuned" ! Feel free to give me a call anytime if there is anything you are in need of.

Mike

zippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
Mike,
  This is going to be a HOT year for Doinker. I'm really pumped up about the new Doinker products. Your going to be a busy, busy man.    ;D
Steve

Inailwhitetail2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
You are correct Steve ! This is going to be a busy year for sure ! I am reallly excited about the 2011 product that will is coming along. There is a lot of really cool stuff coming out on the hunting line as well as the target side, no doubt we will all be busy in 2011 ! We really appreciate all of the support, feedback and comments that all of you have to offer every year, that is what make Doinker a quality product and keep us one big family ! 

Tinkers Archery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
This is one of the best things for the sport of archery... to be able to carry on George's Legacy and with Steve leading the way... There is absolutely no way for you to go wrong. I was just at this school in August, and it is TOP NOTCH ;D

Emerson

• DOINK ON!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
well well well.. i gotta go!!!   ;D ;D ;D

zippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 06:12:45 PM »
  Thanks for the kind words. The weather in August was a lot nicer than it is now. We have about 16 inches of snow and it is currently -3 degrees.... :o

George was all about helping others to enjoy archery. We feel George would want us to continue in his footsteps through coaching, training and bringing the latest archery technology to the dealers and their employees. We realize that we cannot replace George Chapman, but we will strive to live up to the high standard he created for the school that bears his name.
Steve

nevadapro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:11 AM »
My family and I owned Nevada Archery here in Las Vegas up until 1992.  We were big PSE dealers and my dad and I were frequent visitors to PSE and the dealer school!  So often in fact, we were lucky enough to have private, one on one, schools with George.  I only call him George and not Mr. Chapman because he insisted!  What a great guy and what a loss to archery and more than that, to his friends and family. 

There just wasn't much (if anything) that George didn't know about archery!!  The schools were one of the most memorable times for me in all of archery!!  The more I thought I knew, the more I learned that....well....I had a lot to learn!!  Thanks George!! God bless
Pro Staff for:  Doinker Stabilization...Sure-Loc Archery Sights...Carter Releases...Specialty Archery...Pro-Line Bowstrings...Easton Archery...Flex Fletch Vanes....Thank You to all my Sponsors!!  God bless

zippy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
   George was definitely of the most knowledgible person I have ever met when it came to archery. We are working hard to get him inducted into the NFAA Archery Hall Of Fame. If things goes as planned it will probably next year. He well deserves this honor.
Zippy

dosh007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
This is going to be a busy year for sure ! I am reallly excited about the 2011 product that will is coming along. There is a lot of really cool stuff coming out on the hunting line as well as the target side, no doubt we will all be busy in 2011 ! We really appreciate all of the support, feedback and comments that all of you have to offer every year, that is what make Doinker a quality product and keep us one big family
noah lambert wallet